Community Patrol Services
CIS Patrol Services are a cost-effective alternative to on-site security personnel in many environments. If employed properly, patrol services can be a strong deterrent to crime and provide a number of valuable services, such as alarm response, after-hours control of locks and gates, and periodic inspection of key locations of concern.
CIS offers two varieties of community patrol services:
- Shared Community Patrol
This service is a cooperative security patrol shared between a few communities in close proximity of each other. To ensure that client properties receive close attention and fast response, CIS organizes the location of all shared community patrols into very tight zones.
- Assigned Community Patrol
Our Assigned Community Patrol (ACP) services offer the same level of service as the shared patrol, except they never leave your property. In this situation, the ACP unit is assigned exclusively to your property and the vehicle is clearly marked with your community's name.
In residential communities, ACP officers implement the same CCBPI approach as foot officers at other CIS properties. As part of the Community and Character Based Protection Initiative (CCBPI), ACP officers actively reach out to the community and work with residents to resolve community issues.
We take pride in operating the most advanced community patrol service in the United States. Observe some of the many features that distinguish CIS patrol service from the services offered by traditional security companies.
- Most rigorous officer hiring and training process in the nation, including 80 hours of advanced instruction under the direction of experienced Field Training Officers
- 24-hour operations and dispatch center to expedite response to emergency calls, coordinate field operations, and process activity reports
- Detailed database (CIMATRIX) documenting information on security incidents, trespass warnings, and crime related intelligence
- Next-day automatic reporting to clients of all pertinent activity
- Patrol vehicles equipped with state-of-the-art communications and Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) tracking systems
- A fleet consisting of Ford LTD patrol units and Dodge Chargers equipped with police packages.
- Extensive technology support, including laptop computers, video and digital camera equipment, night vision, etc.
- Tight patrol zones for close attention and fast response times
- Community Resource Officers to support CCBPI efforts and aid clients in developing long-term security strategies
- Mutual Aid Clause to pool strength in emergency situations between client properties and local law enforcement