Even the best designed emergency plans and facility preparations will fail if employees are unprepared to take action for their self-preservation during active shooter events.
To assist organizations in improving the readiness of their workforce, CIS frequently conducts private training sessions for employee groups focusing on topics such as:
- Workplace violence awareness
- Recognizing and reporting workplace threats and behavior of concern
- Facility-specific emergency communications and alert procedures
- Active shooter response procedures
- Other emergency response topics (e.g., tornados, bomb threats, reunification, etc.)
Employee training sessions are often conducted as the final stage of a larger project entailing the development of new emergency response plans and facility improvements. In other situations, training sessions are conducted independently for the sole purpose of improving employee readiness.